ERASMUS course on Computer Games Programming
A course aimed at developing computer games. Students prepare a simple computer game based on their own concept and design. They develop this game in C/C++ with the use of OpenGL library. During lectures, basis of the computer graphics are introduced with an emphasis on the real time algorithms.
- Introduction to computer graphics (image synthesis, global and local lighting models, real time in computer graphics).
- Image and colours (raster image, image sampling, quantisation, image reconstruction, aliasing, human visual system, colour representation, perceptual phenomena).
- Real time graphics pipeline (scene representation, geometry processing, projection, shading models, texturing).
- Graphics hardware and OpenGL library.
- Beyond the real time computer graphics.
See details here.
ERASMUS course on High Dynamic Range Photography (HDR)
This course aimed at studying digital photography techniques, especially the high dynamic range topics. Students learn how to work with contemporary digital cameras and how to process the raw photographic data. The course includes the basis of image composition, gives advice on how to take good photos and avoid artefacts.
- Digital photography hardware (camera, aperture, shutter, lenses, light sensors).
- Physical aspect of photography (exposure, lens aberrations, noise, lens resolution).
- Camera as a light meter.
- HDR imaging (how to take a HDR photo, tone mapping, HDR standards).